Greetings and welcome!
Thanks for reading my genealogy blog!

Don't forget to stop by my website
to see what new Free Genealogy
Every Name Index has just been completed.

http://www.everynameindex.com/


Friday, September 12, 2008

Greetings & Welcome to my new blog!

If you have found me it is likely you surfed in from a link from my genealogy website - EveryNameIndex.com Here on my blog site I will share tips, URLs, and other information that I have found helpful in my research.

I am a typical genealogy addict who loves the thrill and challenge of the hunting and being on the trail of an elusive ancestor. I began researching my family tree over 25 years ago and although I have hit some brick walls that I have yet to knock down, I haven't lost my determination to get over them. Just when it seems that I should finally give up, I find a new clue or I get a surprise letter or email from a distant cousin and I am off chasing the new lead.

My philosophy on genealogical research is that the facts are the facts, good or bad. I do not pass moral judgements on my past generations because I cannot know the circumstances that influenced their actions and decisions. I hope my descendants think of me in the same way. I choose to celebrate the good in all they have accomplished but recognize it was not without its difficulties and challenges.

I have learned more about the great beginnings of this country and history doing genealogy research than I ever learned in school. I have come to really appreciate the pioneer spirit and shear determination and bravery our ancestors had to move into unsettled territory. I have a great love for the USA and I am thankful to all who have come before who made sacrifices, defended her, and met the challenges of their day to give us all we have now.

I come from small town every day folks who were simple farmers, ministers, businessmen, and a few who played an important role in helping to establish Monroe County, Indiana. There are quite a few scoundrels and renigades in my family tree but they are far outweighed by the many patriotic men who volunteered for military service to fight for our freedom and liberty.

My ancestors have served in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, World War I & II, and the National Guard. My hero is my dad, who made the United States Army his career for over 24 years, serving in Korea and Vietnam and dedicated himself to Duty, Honor and Country. I am proud of all of them.



Msgt. Robert C. Riddle, Vietnam 1968

No comments: